Sunday 9 December 2012

CAKES CAKES CAKES

I love to bake.. It is one of my favourite things to do... I more so like to decorate cakes and make them look pretty then actually cook them lol. So don't be surprised when I tell you I sometimes use packet mix and then add the finished touches myself :/
Anyway.. No one knows unless you tell them haha.

Here is a cake I made for Daniel, my Husband for his birthday.
He loves his music and playing guitar so I thought it was an appropriate cake for him :)


What you need to make this guitar cake -

Cardboard
Scissors
Pencil
Guitar shape that you want to use
2 rectangle sponge cakes
Butter icing
Food colouring
Licorice strips
Smarties
Raspberry jelly lollies

I used one of Daniel's guitars and traced around the outside to get the shape I wanted, then I cut it out of the cardboard. (I made the guitar smaller then a life size one)
Then arrange the cardboard cut outs so they fit on top of the sponge cakes and start cutting the cake around the edge of the shapes.
Use the butter icing to stick the sponge cake shapes together to look like a guitar.
Then cover the rest of the cake with your desired coloured icing.
To make it look more realistic I used white icing to mark the frets on the neck of the guitar, added smarties, raspberry jellies and licorice. (All eatable!! YUM YUM!)

Try it! It tasted good and looked great. My Husband was impressed with his guitar cake.


This next cake was a little more tricky to make. I made this one for my sister in laws 12th birthday. She loves converse shoes, so I made her a converse shoe cake haha!






I had to carve the cake into the shape that I wanted. I did two different shapes, the front and back of the shoe. To make it stand up properly I had to use tooth picks for stability lol. Although it wasn't the most professional way of doing it, I think it still turned out alright. :)

What you will need to make this cake -

Sponge cake
Fondant
Food colouring

Then it just takes patients and perseverance to mould the cake and fondant into the shapes that you want. :)

Anna Kate xx

No comments:

Post a Comment